QUICK LINKS: Civic Center Home | Civic Center FAQ 

Civic Center FAQ

How do I know if a date is open for my event? 

You may contact the civic center coordinator at 252-397-0335 or smyers@jonescountync.gov for availability information.

How do I secure a date at the civic center for my event? 

A deposit must be paid and a contract must be completed prior to a date being held on our calendar. 

Please call ahead to make an appointment prior to coming to our office.

What hours will the venue be available to me on my day of rental? 

The rental period begins at 8 a.m. on the day of the rental and runs through 2 a.m. the following day.

Can we return after our rental is over to clean up and remove items from the event?

No.  All items you brought in must be removed from the facility by 2 a.m.

What is the occupancy capacity for the space?  (Capacity is estimated without use of tables, chairs, or a dance floor)

  • Large Auditorium 900-1200 people
  • Small Auditorium 200-300 people
  • Small Meeting Room 20-30 people

What is the square footage of the space?

  • Large Auditorium 11,644 sq ft
  • Small Auditorium 3,600 sq ft
  • Small Meeting Room 480 sq ft

How many people can fit at a table?

The round tables are 6 feet in diameter and can accommodate a maximum of 8 people.  

The rectangle tables are 6’x2.5′ and can accommodate a maximum of 8 people (three on each side and one on each end). 

What size table cloths do I need?

If you are using table cloths for round tables, you can plan for 70″ to reach midway and 120″ to reach the floor.

If you are using table cloths for rectangle tables, you can plan for 90″x132″ to reach midway and 90″x156″ to reach the floor.

If I plan to use tables for my event am I required to set them up?

Yes.  Tables are available for use free of charge.  Renters are permitted to use the tables and chairs for their event provided they clean them and return them to their original location after their event. 

Alternatively, renters may choose to have staff set up the tables and chairs for them for an additional fee.

Is alcohol allowed at my event?

No alcohol may be served or consumed at any event that honors or celebrates a minor.  This includes, but is not limited to, events celebrating a birthday, baptism, or graduation of a minor.

Liquor may be served provided the proper permit has been obtained in advance.  No permit is required if only beer and unfortified wine will be served.  Additional fees are charged for alcohol which include security as required by the venue. The security deposit also increases from half the total rental amount to the full rental amount if alcohol is served.

The sale of alcohol is strictly prohibited unless a One Time Special Use Permit (not a Limited Special Occasion Permit) is obtained in advance. This permit is only available for nonprofit & government agencies.

Can I have water slides or water games during my event?

This is not allowed for safety reasons.

Is a projector available?

A projector is available for an additional fee in the small auditorium only. 

Is WIFI available?

Yes.  WIFI is available and no password is required to connect.

When am I required to pay an after hours fee? 

An after hours fee is charged when the civic center is rented outside of regular office hours. This is due to the fact that we do not have dedicated civic center staff and are required to pay part-time staff to be there when our offices are closed.  

What items are available in the kitchen?

  • Commercial Sinks
  • Commercial Refrigerator
  • Small Stove
  • Small Deep Freezer
  • Microwave
  • Hand Washing Sink
  • Stainless Steel Food Prep Counter 

Dishes, pots, pans, utensils, and dish towels are not provided.

Jones County Civic Center

Sheila Myers

Office & Mailing Address
110 South Market Street 
Trenton, NC 28585

Physical Address:
Jones County Civic Center
832 Hwy 58 S 
Trenton, NC 28585

Office:  252-397-0335 
Cell: 252-617-1271

Find us on Facebook

Hours of Operation


Close Search Window